Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Something to "go with"...

Jerk chicken is spicy and I have a slight tolerance for hot spice. But this mango salsa is a perfect complement to jerk spice! I got this recipe from the Akron Beacon Journal food section more than a decade ago and have made it quite a few times (not sure if I have the corresponding recipe for the jerk marinade but there are good jerk sauces/rubs to be found on grocers' shelves). Try it with any spicy marinated meat...I think you'll like it!

Mango Salsa

✔ 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
✔ 2 green onions, chopped
✔ 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
✔ 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
✔ 1 tablespoon olive oil
✔ 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
✔ fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill. I always make tons--at least doubling the recipe and using the mango slices from a jar from Sam's Club...no peeling and tastes virtually the same!

Buon appetito!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home