Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You put WHAT in it???

Okay, this one's a little crazy. But once you try it, you'll realize it's crazy GOOD! I found this recipe by following Lexi's Twitter link to thepioneerwoman.com. Intrigued by the oddity of one of the ingredients, I made it about a week ago during a cooking frenzy. Soon after the dish began baking, the aroma of buttery-sweet-cinnamon-goodness spread through the house. So, here's the recipe and I dare you to make it only once!

Apple Dumplings

✔ 2 whole Granny Smith apples, cored+peeled
✔ 2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls (I use "low fat")
✔ 2 sticks butter (to complement the low fat roll dough!)
✔ 1½ cup white sugar
✔ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
✔ 1 can (12 oz.) Mountain Dew (YES!)
✔ ground cinnamon (I'm pretty liberal with my "sprinkling")

Preheat oven to 350°. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 40 minutes.

Spoon some of the sauce from the pan over the top of the dumplings and serve with whipped cream (my fave) or ice cream.

Buon appetito!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger River Pirates said...

You're pretty liberal, in any event!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home