Monday, December 18, 2006

Damn...I have to work on being invisible.

I know Mombi tagged me so that my wonderful photo of elevator literature will get bumped down further. Bump, bump, bump...it's like the Miss Ohio boards! Well, always willing to go the extra mile for one of my girls, here goes:

1. I've come to realize that my family...
becomes more dear and beloved as they grow older.
2. I am listening to...
Christmas music in my office. Gotta love the iTune shuffle!
3. I talk...
less than I used to. No, really...
4. I love...
everyone...it's that time of year!
5. My best friend...
has to be plural: H-Harvey, my girls, Debbie, LindaK, Faith, Illona. I know I can count on them all...we're BFF! It's such a blessing, isn't it?
6. My first kiss was...
in 1967 during the Q's summer vacation in Canada. Awkward, brief, sloppy and confusing...how could a family friend kiss me in the dark during a game of hide-n-seek? And why couldn't it have been that guy from NY? Oh, yeah, that happened the next year.
7. I lost my virginity...
Mombi: Oh my god! So did I !!!
Me: You've got to be kidding! Me, TOO!!
8. I hate it when people...
behave in a condescending manner.
9. Love is...
"...never having to say you're sorry." No, wait...Ali McGraw was wrong. You *should* say you're sorry to someone you love when it's appropriate and you mean it. Love is forgiving...love is magical.
10. Marriage is...
a partnership; a sweet and loving dance.
11. Somewhere, someone is thinking...
"will she really ship my Christmas present in time for the actual holiday?"
12. I'll always...
believe that my soul will stay young.
13. I have a secret crush on...
Harvey. It's a retroactive crush.
14. The last time I cried was because...
I felt like it.
15. My cell phone...
is a blessing and a curse. But I like how the "phone lady" pronounces my parent's last name: "Qwahhh-troe-kaaaas."
16. When I wake up in the morning...
I'm wishing that I could roll over, snuggle in close, and have "just 10 more minutes."
17. Before I go to sleep at night...
I smell H's skin and smile to myself.
18. Right now I am thinking about...
#17. [smile]
19. Babies are...
beautiful--and their heads smell like angels and heaven.
20. I get on myspace....
every day--wondering if I'll get a message from someone I know rather than from some smelly pirate hooker asking me to check out her stupid webcam.
21. Today I...
am work and later will pick up H at the airport!!
22. Tonight I will...
be grateful that all's right with the world.
23. Tomorrow I will...
wake up and be glad that the house is all decorated for the holidays. Then I'll go to work.
24. I really want...
a Bose-like speaker/docking station for my iPod. Oops!! Did I really say that? I guess I must be thinking about Mombi's blog about the Christmas lists--I've never blurted that out before. But I really do have everything that I've ever wanted now that my kids are all going to be living in approximately the same 44xxx zip code!
25. The person who most likely to repost this is...
no one since my readership is lower-than-rock-bottom. I guess I should post more often...so, thanks to Mombi for calling me out.
xo

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mombi said...

My pleasure to call you out, mummy! Nice references, good tone. You'll be the blogging homecoming princess in no time!

xoxo forever and ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home